This is so simple it doesn't really warrant a 'recipe' - it was just such a delicious lunch that I felt it would be a shame not to share it on here. It also raked in a fair few likes on our Instagram page so I thought it was only fair to share the dish in full! It only takes a few minutes to throw together and - ta dah - you have yourself a colourful, fresh, healthy and tasty plateful. This would make an ideal lunch, brunch or light supper that also provides a welcome contrast to the grey January days!
For one generous portion you will need…
2 slices smoked salmon
2 slices spelt loaf or another good crusty loaf e.g. rye or sourdough
Soft cheese (I used Philadelphia)
1/2 an avocado
1 small pre-cooked beetroot (I use the vacuum packed ones sold in most supermarkets)
1 wedge of fresh lemon
You will need to…
- Pop your slices of crusty bread into the toaster.
- Once toasted, spread each slice with a generous layer of soft cheese.
- Top with your smoked salmon and then scatter over sliced avocado and cubed beetroot.
- Sprinkle some fresh dill and ground black pepper on top.
- Squeeze over the fresh lemon wedge and serve.
Enjoy! C x